- Be on time. There is a 10 burpee penalty for the first minute late. 5 burpees for each additional minute.
- Do the warm-up. EVERYONE needs to warm-up properly. If you require an additional or specific warm-up, get to class early.
- Don’t cheat. No one cares what your score was. Everyone cares if you cheated. Be honest with everyone else, and be honest with yourself. You know what full range of motion is, so there’s no excuse for sloppy reps.
- Learn how to count. If you lose count, the next number is always 1. If you know you have trouble keeping count, ask someone to count for you. If you want to get on a leaderboard, you MUST have someone count for you. If no one saw it, it didn’t happen.
- Let the Coach on Duty Coach. If you see something that needs to be addressed with an athlete, bring it to the coaches attention. We do miss things, let us know and we will address it with the proper correction.
- Be friendly. Walking into a new box for the first time can be very intimidating. If you see a new face, say hi…don’t ask them their Fran time.
- Group class has priority to all space and equipment. If you are staying over to do additional work, get out of the way and give up your bar if needed.
- Do not spit on the floor or in the entryways. No one wants to do burpees in spit that gets tracked in. And yes, people have spit on the workout floor.
- Pick up all water bottles, clothing, equipment, skin, etc at the end of class.
- Report any broken equipment or any damage to facility to Trainer on Duty immediately. The trainer will fill out an incident report. This is for your safety and the safety of others. If you were using the equipment as intended, you will not be asked to pay for it. If you were abusing the equipment or just being dumb we will ask that you replace it.
- Do not use AbMats for knee pads during mobility.
- Do not use other member’s personal jump ropes without permission.
- Dropping Weight
- Dropping is for safety
- Do not drop empty barbells
- Do not drop bars loaded with 10s only (they will buckle and break)
- No excessive or forceful dropping
- Place staging weights well away from drop zone
- Technique Bars
- These bars are marked with green paint. They are 15# aluminum bars that can bend easily and are very expensive. These bars are for light technique work only.
- Do not add more than 15# plates to the light silver alumni technique bars
- Do not use technique bars for evil wheels (they will bend)
- Do not use technique bars for pull-ups off rack.
CrossFit Bako’s Kids Policy:
- NO UNATTENDED KIDS ON THE GYM FLOOR OR EQUIPMENT at any time during the warm up, WOD or cool down. If a child is out on the workout floor, a parent or adult must be with the child at ALL times.
- CrossFit Bako provides a children’s playroom that is out of the way of athlete’s working out, we ask that all children stay in this room during class times. We loving having kids at the gym, but want to ensure the safety of both our athletes and their children.
- It is your responsibility that you or your child has cleaned up after themselves. Please help us in keeping the kid room clean for other kids to enjoy. We understand that kids can make a mess, but please help us in keep our box clean and ready to use by other families.
- Please do not bring your sick child to the gym. We know how frustrating it can be to not get a workout in when your child is sick, but we don’t want other children or our athlete’s to catch what your child has.
*** CROSSFIT BAKO IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS SHOULD THEY OCCUR IN THE KIDS ROOM OR WHILE ON THE PREMISES***